Does it matter where I drill my well on my property?
Yes, you should locate the well at least:
- 50 feet from your septic tank
- 100 feet from the edge of an on-site sewage system absorption field
- 100 feet from any privy or outhouse
- 50 feet from a sewer line
- 100 feet from a sewage or manure lagoon
- 1000 feet from any parcel containing an active solid waste landfill, inactive solid waste landfill, closed solid waste landfill or illegal solid waste landfill.
Click below to be brought to the counties website concerning well logs, permits, well construction & licensing, etc.